November 18, 2016

Quilt Petite Blog Hop


Thanks for stopping by today for my turn on the Quilt Petite Blog Hop.  I've admired Sedef ever since I saw her adorable projects on her blog years and years ago! This girl knows cute!! Her attention to detail is amazing and she always chooses the perfect fabrics for her projects which makes me one of her biggest fans!
 
I was super excited when she announced that she was writing a book with Tuva Publishing and could not wait for it to be published. With her amazing projects and lovely photography, I knew this was a book not to be missed! When it arrived it my mailbox I wasn't disappointed!  Quilt Petite is chock a block full of the cutest projects.   Both beginner and pro quilters will find something they will love making. The directions are all clearly written and all of the templates are included and are FULL SIZE!! Can I get a YAY!!!!

It took forever to decide what I wanted to make, but in the end I knew it would be pinwheels.

I love pinwheels and could make them over and over again. These little cuties were super fun to make, and I decided to make a pillow to match a quilt I made earlier this summer. I used First Blush by Windham fabrics and am really happy with it's vintage vibe. I love the little detail of the appliqued circles. While I love the look of hand quilting and hand stitching, I do not have the patience it requires. I used raw edge applique and my favorite wavy quilting and am happy with the results.




The blog hop continues until December 11th and there is an amazing group of  talented bloggers sharing what they have made from the book.

November 6: Sedef at Down Grapevine Lane
November 7: Wynn at Zakka Art
November 8: Sarah at A Little Happy Place
November 9: Bridgette at The Family Hearth
November 10: Heidi at Fabric Mutt
November 11: Minki at Minki's Work Table
November 12: Ange at A Little Patchwork
November 13: Lauren at Molly and Mama
November 14: Michelle at Cole & Taffy
November 15: Nadra at Ellis & Higgs
November 16: Amy at Nana Company
November 17: Faith at Sarana Ave
November 18: Debbie at Happy Little Cottage
November 19: Erin at Why Not Sew
November 20: Amanda at Jedi Craft Girl
November 21: Melissa at Oh How Sweet
November 22: Stacy at Stacy Olson Design
November 23: Ayda at Cafe Nohut
November 24: Peta at She Quilts A Lot
November 25: Amanda at A Crafty Fox
November 26: Keera at Live Love Sew
November 27: Sharon at Lilabelle Lane
November 28: Kate at The Homemakery
November 29: Jemima at Tied With A Ribbon
November 30: Jodie at Ric Rac
December 1: Anorina at Samelia's Mum
December 2: Alisha at Ministry of Fabric
December 3: Xanthe at Wife-made
December 4: Cheri at Tinker With This
December 5: Kristyne at Pretty By Hand
December 6: Kimberly at Fat Quarter Shop
December 7: Veronica at Vivid Felicity
December 8: Shari at Doohikey Designs
December 9: Jina at Jina Barney Designz
December 10: Emma at Emma Jean Jansen
December 11: Sedef at Down Grapevine Lane

5 comments:

  1. Love your work>isn't that Block so neat! Just starting a baby charity quilt using it! msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea that the patterns are full size, it really puts m off buying a book knowing that I will have to fiddle with the patterns. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pinwheel pillow in this bright and beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your project from the book! Your pinwheel pillow is simply gorgeous!! And your First Blush fabrics made up into a beautiful pillow! And, How cute is your little puppy!
    I just got my fat quarter bundle of First Blush
    that I won from you!! It is beautiful! Thank you sooo much!!
    I must get this book and make a pillow like yours!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you are here, and I love reading your comments!! I will answer any questions you may have right here, and I love to visit your blogs as often as I can!!